Yourturnmyturn.com
Forum of yourturnmyturn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrlewis1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:42    Post subject: Turbo with stipulation pt2 Reply with quote

I believe a majority of the players here just love to play and do not cheat, I just think it would be great to have a Turbo tourney for us dedicated multi-movers.Thanks for replying Very Happy
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1075
Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a solution.
SilverTrainOffline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 119
Usa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:17    Post subject: Re: Turbo with stipulation Reply with quote

bram wrote:

You cannot stipulate a person to make more then 1 move a day, if you come up with a system that cannot be cheated or manipulated by a player by waiting until last minute so opponent cannot make the extra move needed I will think about it and probably implement it.

The solution is very simple: Use the Fischer's Clock method. It has been implemented at other sites, so I assume it isn't difficult to program. The risk of timing out would be minimal, since only the players who move quicker and frequently would enter.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a real time board game site. But a turn based. So very bad solution. If you do want to play with those kind of clocks, please use another site, this then is not for you!
SilverTrainOffline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 119
Usa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't suggesting that all tournaments be sped up, just proposing (as others have in prior messages of this thread) that a separate class of tournaments be arranged.
That way, players would have the choice of entering either the standard tournaments or the turbo tournaments.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

As before: this is a turn based site. Any suggestions to work with a fisher clock is a non-option. It does not fit with the philosophy of this site that you can move whenever you want on a day. There are plenty of other sites with Real time tournaments, we are not going to offer that.
Ursamajor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 20:29    Post subject: Quick players Reply with quote

Is it possible to encourage players to play more quickly by recording those who do and then allowing them entry into a quick players tournament?
megamau
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not simply keep the same method but with a 12 hour period instead of a day ? People should be able to log once every 12 hours, no matter the time zone.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: