FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doggmann
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 22:49    Post subject: Time allowed for moves Reply with quote

Why do I only have 3 days to make a move, when everyone else that I'm playing against has 6 days? I've lost quite a few matches because of this... Crying or Very sad
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1066
Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:04    Post subject: Re: Time allowed for moves Reply with quote

Doggmann wrote:
Why do I only have 3 days to make a move, when everyone else that I'm playing against has 6 days? I've lost quite a few matches because of this... Crying or Very sad

I think it is a tournament game? A tournament game works differently and has not a fixed period for making your move. You initially have 6 days for a move, but you only get 1 day back per move. So if you do not make a move for 3 days and then only make 1 move in that game that day, the next move you have 3 days. So you have a buffer of max. 6 days, but you only get 1 day per move added to the buffer again.
Doggmann
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just lost another game in this tourney, because I was not able to log in over the weekend. It's not a very fair system, if you ask me.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very fair, otherwise tournaments take up to long to finish.. Just keep in mind that you have to play 1 move a day and if you are not able to play in a weekend make sure in the week after you make some extra moves to get to 6 days again.
vlv_g0d_vlv14
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello any Admins there some people that are takin heaps of time in games and when I verse someone that is a non-vip and hes got -30mins left whats goin on and vips were -6hrs left can u plz explain to me why this is happening? and this is my opinion the way it should be:
non vips- no negative time
vips- 2 hrs negative time
vips with 2 stars- 3 hrs negative time
vips with 3 stars- 4 hrs negative time
and rest- 5 hrs negative time
also u tell me how much extra time they do have Confused
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1683
Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

vlv_g0d_vlv14 wrote:
Hello any Admins there some people that are takin heaps of time in games and when I verse someone that is a non-vip and hes got -30mins left whats goin on and vips were -6hrs left can u plz explain to me why this is happening? and this is my opinion the way it should be:
non vips- no negative time
vips- 2 hrs negative time
vips with 2 stars- 3 hrs negative time
vips with 3 stars- 4 hrs negative time
and rest- 5 hrs negative time
also u tell me how much extra time they do have Confused

Vip or non-vip the time for reflection is the same.
Quote:
The maximum time to move is set to 6 days (holidays do apply). But those 6 days are a maximum buffer. For every move you get 1 day added to your buffer time (instead of 6). So you do not have 6 days per move, but 1 day and a buffer of maximum 6 days.

Quote:
What happens if there is no remaining time to move?
If somebody has no more time to move, they lose the game. Every day at 04:08 CET we determine what games have no more time remaining. If a player is on holiday, they will not lose those games. Because we calculate this once a day, it can happen that during a day somebody's time to move reaches -1.

Can you give an example?
vlv_g0d_vlv14
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course
there was this non-vip I was versing but he lost game anyways and he had -3hrs and still got to make a move and that is really unfair and can it be for like now on if someone runs out of time and time reaches 0, they should lose game automatically and also u plz tell me how much extra time vips get (including every single type of vip)?
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

vlv_g0d_vlv14 wrote:
of course
there was this non-vip I was versing but he lost game anyways and he had -3hrs and still got to make a move and that is really unfair and can it be for like now on if someone runs out of time and time reaches 0, they should lose game automatically and also u plz tell me how much extra time vips get (including every single type of vip)?

Why is that unfair?
If the move was made before 04:08 (even though it has a negative time) it is a legitimate move and the player do not lose the game.
There will be no difference for remaining time between Vips or non-Vips.
vlv_g0d_vlv14
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand ur answer and its unfair cause it just takes up too much time and it makes me annoyed and my opinion is if the time is 0 then they should lose game straight away and as like a strict rule
Slapstick
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this from the "Help" page:

What happens if there is no remaining time to move?
If somebody has no more time to move, they lose the game. Every day at 04:08 CET we determine what games have no more time remaining. If a player is on holiday, they will not lose those games. Because we calculate this once a day, it can happen that during a day somebody's time to move reaches -1

This is a strict rule. I can't see why this is unfair.
vlv_g0d_vlv14
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thx
davos
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the time rules of YTMT be updated to the reflect the recent update on jijbent.nl? (no negative time allowed)
I have several games that would be going about 25% faster under the jijbent rule, because my opponent regularly makes use of allowance for negative time, gaining an extra day each time and slowing down the progress of the game considerably.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.. It's more complicated here because of time zones.
RochlOffline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 7
Usa
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 15:42    Post subject: Is time to move ever running out for championship? Reply with quote

I am in a championship where the same one game has been holding up a large championship with many players for WEEKS.

If they do not finish their game, does time run out at some point and we move to the next round?

Rochl
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 17:23    Post subject: Re: Is time to move ever running out for championship? Reply with quote

Rochl wrote:
I am in a championship where the same one game has been holding up a large championship with many players for WEEKS.

If they do not finish their game, does time run out at some point and we move to the next round?

Rochl

Championship? Which championship? Or do you mean tournament?
Time per move: http://www.yourturnmyturn.com/championships.php
Quote:
You will get an buffer of maximum 6 days, but will get only 1 day per move added to your buffer (same as in the Tournament games).

Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: