FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephanOffline
Total posts: 79
Usa
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Tournament eligibility Reply with quote

Hello

Perhaps this has already been proposed/requested, and if so, forgive me for that -

Would it be a possibility at all to put a low treshold for people entering tournaments? For the past few months I have noticed people signing up for tournaments without having played a single game, and not too surprising, these people never return, depriving 5 people from a game in the process and taking a spot from people who actually do want to play.

Could this be eliminated for example by only be eligible to play in tournament if you have played an x amount of games already?

Just wondering.
Thanks
DarkElf
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

think that this has been reqeusted before.
Wink
Nebulaze
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually one of those people who joined the tournament without playing a single game.
I personally think that it would be quite boring for me if I had to finish a set amount of games before joining the tournament.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1065
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that is precise the reason we dropped the threshold. We noticed that new players got bored and after playing a few moves dropped out of site.
StephanOffline
Total posts: 79
Usa
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

bram wrote:
and that is precise the reason we dropped the threshold. We noticed that new players got bored and after playing a few moves dropped out of site.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the difference between playing 5 tournament games at the same time, or -say- 3, 4 non-tournament games at the same time. This being bored is a strange and random reason.
But alas, I guess it's better to have people sign up for tournaments, (for which they have to wait an x-number of days to start anyway) and then drop out.
jjlj
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 22:16    Post subject: What is the threshold Reply with quote

So where can I find the threshold for various tournaments. I like to join for instance stacko since I won this a few times at jijbent.nl
John
Patricia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 13:05    Post subject: tournaments not requested Reply with quote

Somehow I am involved in multiple tournamentss that I do not want to be in. There is NO WAY for me to get out of them. When I look on the tournament site, it looks like I am still in multiple tournaments. I do not want to be in ANY tournaments. I do not know how to play any of those games. I wrote to the site and requested to be removed and got a response totallly unrelated to my question. Sorry to all those involved in a tournament with me as all I can do is continue to resign each time my name comes up. Sad Rolling Eyes
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1065
Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:20    Post subject: Re: tournaments not requested Reply with quote

Patricia wrote:
Somehow I am involved in multiple tournamentss that I do not want to be in. There is NO WAY for me to get out of them. When I look on the tournament site, it looks like I am still in multiple tournaments. I do not want to be in ANY tournaments. I do not know how to play any of those games. I wrote to the site and requested to be removed and got a response totallly unrelated to my question. Sorry to all those involved in a tournament with me as all I can do is continue to resign each time my name comes up. Sad Rolling Eyes

You did not get an unrelated answer
1. You (or someone with access to your account) joined all tournaments yourself (so not somehow!)
2. I removed you from all tournaments not yet started as requested although you could have done that yourself
3. I explained to you that I cannot remove you from started tournaments because then all those tournaments and tournament games do not work anymore... So if you do not want to play those games, just give up.
Nothing more I can do for you!
treefingerOffline
Total posts: 12
Usa
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 17:36    Post subject: Why can't I join certain tournaments?? Reply with quote

I am in several "non-restricted" tournaments, and only 1 "restricted" tournament. All of my "restricted" tournament games have ended and the tournaments have cleared days ago.

"restricted" means the games where non-VIP players can't enter more than 3 tournaments total for any of those games at any one time (i.e.- Penguin, Carcasonne, Kahuna, etc).

Why, then, can't I enter any further "restricted" tournaments? Is my account blocked somehow?
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1683
Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 21:44    Post subject: Re: Why can't I join certain tournaments?? Reply with quote

treefinger wrote:
I am in several "non-restricted" tournaments, and only 1 "restricted" tournament. All of my "restricted" tournament games have ended and the tournaments have cleared days ago.

"restricted" means the games where non-VIP players can't enter more than 3 tournaments total for any of those games at any one time (i.e.- Penguin, Carcasonne, Kahuna, etc).

Why, then, can't I enter any further "restricted" tournaments? Is my account blocked somehow?

http://www.yourturnmyturn.com/help.php#tournaments
Quote:
How many games/tournaments can I play?
You can play 10 normal concurrent games and participate in 5 tournaments at YourturnMyturn.com.

Quote:
If you are on your limit of tournaments you still can join slow starting tournaments, however if they start they do count for your maximum!

Slow starting tournaments are: atoll, castle danger, checkers, chess, crack the code, dipole, dots and boxes, draughts, go, halma, mill, minesweeper, oware, reversi, strategy, subulata and tablut.

Tournaments that are in quarter/semi or final stages only count for half a tournament in the calculation of your total tournaments.

Is this the answer to your question?
You can join a lot of slow starting tournaments, as I can see.
treefingerOffline
Total posts: 12
Usa
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, only some of the tournaments have a "Join" button...

As far as I can tell, I only have 1 of those tournaments running.

There seems to be no limit to the number of tournaments I can join of the type that show a "Join" button.

How do I get a "Join" button to appear for all of the tournaments?
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1683
Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

treefinger wrote:
well, only some of the tournaments have a "Join" button...

As far as I can tell, I only have 1 of those tournaments running.

There seems to be no limit to the number of tournaments I can join of the type that show a "Join" button.

How do I get a "Join" button to appear for all of the tournaments?

Just the tournaments you are allow to join have a "join" button.
vlv_g0d_vlv14
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:25    Post subject: Re: Why can't I join certain tournaments?? Reply with quote

Marianne wrote:
treefinger wrote:

http://www.yourturnmyturn.com/help.php#tournaments
Quote:
How many games/tournaments can I play?
You can play 10 normal concurrent games and participate in 5 tournaments at YourturnMyturn.com.

Quote:
If you are on your limit of tournaments you still can join slow starting tournaments, however if they start they do count for your maximum!

Slow starting tournaments are: atoll, castle danger, checkers, chess, crack the code, dipole, dots and boxes, draughts, go, halma, mill, minesweeper, oware, reversi, strategy, subulata and tablut.

Tournaments that are in quarter/semi or final stages only count for half a tournament in the calculation of your total tournaments.

Is this the answer to your question?
You can join a lot of slow starting tournaments, as I can see.

But marianne I played in this tornament and this guy who just started who must of using something to cheat to his way to beat me twice in the group stages so I think the threshold should be on dots so new players don't cheat on the stronger players so they can get to around 2500-2600 without any effort
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: