FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaagseDammerOffline

Total posts: 98
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the subscription list of tournaments Battleships is a 14-player-tournament and just started a tournament with 28...
blueshield11Offline
Total posts: 5
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great change !! Thanks for changing the amount of players for battleship-tournament.
HaagseDammerOffline

Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueshield11 wrote:
Great change !! Thanks for changing the amount of players for battleship-tournament.

But it's not...
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1683
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaagseDammer wrote:
blueshield11 wrote:

But it's not...

It has been changed! Look at: http://yourturnmyturn.com/toernooi.php?toernooi=946
Just 14 players.
HaagseDammerOffline

Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marianne wrote:
HaagseDammer wrote:
blueshield11 wrote:

But it's not...

It has been changed! Look at: http://yourturnmyturn.com/toernooi.php?toernooi=946
Just 14 players.

Aha, tournament 945, in which I am, still is 28.
alice
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 14:36    Post subject: Nice! :) Reply with quote

Hi all,

I didn't follow this discussion and it did surprised when saw only two groups at new halma tourney so I look up for the news and I must say that the change is very pleasant.

I love halma and I am a fast player, so most of the time I wait for something, either it's tourney to starts or groups to finish their games....

I once suggested shorter time per move, but let's see now with smaller groups how will it work.

Although that 4x4 idea mentioned above is interesting too!

Thanks! Very Happy
vlv_g0d_vlv14
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, do you think it would be possible to have even smaller tornaments because dots and boxes is taking a while to start a tornament and I'm getting worried about dots right now because of the slow progression of tornaments Neutral
sbvikings14
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to have a sixteen people four group tournament. like the world cup with quarterfinals. Smile
vlv_g0d_vlv14
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

well u can play backgammon if u want a quaterfinal in it but we need more people playing here for longer so we cna have 28 playing in each tornament constantly with ads and stuff Smile
PippamacOffline
Megavip
Megavip

Total posts: 14
Uk
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:06    Post subject: less people in a tournament? Reply with quote

I only saw this post and the various responses today, so I know this debate started some time ago, but I thought a few additional comments might help anyone still wanting smaller groups for certain slow-starting tourneys and also to offer an alternative suggestion that might just resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction/benefit...

I have no idea what Bram, Marianne and Glorfindel do as a 'day job' - it might even be running YTMT full time - but irrespective of this, I am sure they don't have a pot of gold hidden away somewhere that compensates them for their considerable time and effort or the money that it costs them to keep YTMT running for the benefit of us all. Although my game preferences may be a factor in this, I never find that I am waiting for any tournaments to start, but that is because I have chosen to pay for my membership of YTMT and thus I have no restrictions on the number of games/tourney's I am can play simultaneously.

I appreciate that not everyone wishes/is able to pay for their membership and perhaps do not wish to play as many games as I do, but it is true that you get what you pay for in this world and I note that most people who were canvassing for less players being required for the slower-starting tourneys weren't actually paid members of YTMT, so perhaps the waiting time issue is due to/more noticeable because of the limited number of games non-paying members are able to play for free?

If paying members are also experiencing long delays in tourneys starting, perhaps a way to resolve this - and encourage others to upgrade to paid membership - would be to run additional, smaller tourneys for all or just specific games, but which can only be accessed by a certain level and above of paying members? It makes no difference to me really as I don't experience or notice any delays in the tourneys that I join, but perhaps this might be a good suggestion to help alleviate the delays whilst also helping to fund the extra admin/maintenance necessary to facilitate the change by those who run YTMT for our enjoyment?!

Just an idea - no response necessary! mrgreen Pip
vlv_g0d_vlv14
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a perfect idea just for the paying members play in smaller torneys and must be a member to join these smaller tourneys Smile
maggie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:41    Post subject: touriments Reply with quote

Whats the rush, They will fill up eventually, then it a nice surprise when they do come along . If you get desperate for a game there always an invite pages.

These games are recreation for me , and always have many games waiting to move on, and move several times a day
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: