FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieruss
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 15:21    Post subject: Can letters be substituted? Reply with quote

In the event of no vowels, or for any other reason, can I choose certain letters to be substituted when I pass a given move? I can't see any obvious option to do so but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,
Katie
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1067
Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, that is not part of this game.
katieruss
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, OK....although I find thats odd as its in the original scrabble rules. Any chance of implementing this feature soon?

Thanks,
Katie
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game isn't scrabble Smile
Mike28a
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bram, I appreciate that we are not playing that copyrighted crossword game, but i do think it would be a big improvement to wordgame to have the ability to discard and replace letters. Yes, dealing with 8 consonants at the end of a close game is part of the strategy, but it is certainly frustrating! If it is not an option, play on! Thanks to you and Marianne.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is part of the game, so you need to be very carefull what letters you use during the game. It is to easy to use all vowels and then have the possiblity to replace those letters. So I find it an integral part of adding tactics to this game.
coan.net
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus also know what words can be made with no vowels - like sh & mm as two 2 letter examples.
june341
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 21:58    Post subject: wordgame Reply with quote

Mike28a wrote:
Bram, I appreciate that we are not playing that copyrighted crossword game, but i do think it would be a big improvement to wordgame to have the ability to discard and replace letters. Yes, dealing with 8 consonants at the end of a close game is part of the strategy, but it is certainly frustrating! If it is not an option, play on! Thanks to you and Marianne.
i agree you should be able to substitute letters. i am in a game and have no vowels and cannot lay and find it boring as i can't change letters. it would be fairer if a swap could be made also you loose your rating and is so frustrating
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: