FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerheartOffline
Total posts: 7
Norway
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:20    Post subject: Highest ranked player should be punished by TPR? Reply with quote

In the last yearly championship at jijbent (Axio game). I lost in the semifinal since the opponent had started a 'new' account just for the championship. His boosted TPR made him go to the final. Our wins were even vs each other. I have no proofs... but it seemed very fishy.

In the current championship in Axio I end up at 4th place due to TPR score. I've beaten the number 3 (we will get same amount of points... 6). I was the higest rated of the two of us before the tournament started. And now I must leave the championship?? The person who I beat and who I got higher base rating than, moves on with equal win points….

Probably discussed earlier... but the highest rated ('best') player should go through with draw?? I really think so!
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1065
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have beaten the nr 3 but the nr 3 has beaten the nr 1. The nr 3 did given her lower rating of the game a better job than expected and given your rating you did not better than expected. Hence the outcome.
DaggerheartOffline
Norway
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 15:44    Post subject: New account Reply with quote

Yes, but my main rating gives me a disadvantage.

But what happend at jijbent was worse. Experienced player makes new account and goes through to the final at my expense. If his pre tournament rating had been real, I would have gone to the final. Since the TPR's were so close, even if he started with only 1500. I did a better job up til the semi than him.

So I have to make new account for each championship to boost my chances?? This kills my interest for joining more of them Sad
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players who make a new account get banned, so if you find one, report it. So that is not an issue.
Yes your higher main rating gives you an disadvantage and that makes sense. If you end up equal the lower rated player has relatively played a better tournament.

Next time you will be that player perhaps. So start winning and stop …...
DaggerheartOffline
Norway
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 21:21    Post subject: 10 games Reply with quote

My suggestion is that you cant join a Championship (the 1xyear event) without like 10 or 20 games played (or similar).

My guess is that one of the highest ranked players at jijbent made an account at yourturnmyturn just to join the Axio tournament and started the tournament at 1500 elo (no matches played at yourturnmyturn before the championship and went to the final??, this was a very experienced player).
If his pre elo had been normal (his 'normal'), I would've gotten to the final. Yes, I am upset over this.

2.Minighost (1500)020220:6p

Daggerheart (1736)202002:6p

I remembered wrong, it was here at yourturnmyturn last championship only 4 TPR points, and I started the tournament with 236 more elo.

Friday November 10 2017 Minighost have been member… but still I am pretty sure he is also at jijbent.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jijbent and yourturn are seperate sites.

I will close this topic, we won't change this.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: