Yourturnmyturn.com
Forum of yourturnmyturn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thom27Offline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 18
Germany
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 19:03    Post subject: idea for "grand safari" Reply with quote

Hi,

I thought about a way to make the game of Safari even more fun and also balanced:

the players move simultaneously
    the players may move onto the same square, so the simultaneous moves don't lead to conflicts
    the players start on the same square initially
    the obstacles and animals are placed in a more random way in the initial position, since there is no more need to care about a balanced start position

With these rules it is possible that the players make always the same move throughout the game, what would lead to a draw, but I believe this will be unlikely.

One might also increase the board size to, say 12x12 and introduce more animals, making a draw even more unlikely. But I would reduce the obstacle density a bit, because from my experience it is sometimes awkward to maneuver through all the blocked and occupied squares. Long moves are not often possible . IMO it will be more fun to play on a (slightly) less cluttered board.
Thom27Offline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 18
Germany
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 14:41    Post subject: carnivorous safari Reply with quote

Another idea: carnivorous animals.

It is not very realistic to let the lion and the crocodile dodge around all other animals and also the photographers. What about making the game a bit more dangerous and interesting?

If a possible prey (weaker animal or photographer) is before or beside the lion or croc, it goes to that square and eats it, provided it is not an obstacle square it can't move to. In all other cases it moves as usual.

Still the goal is to photograph more animals than the opponent. The game ends if no more photographing progress is possible, i.e. if every photographer is either eaten or has photographed all animals still alive. Winner is then the player who photographed more animals, and in case of a tie, whose last photo was taken earlier, i.e. who was the first to reach the final number of photos.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: