FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Croscombe
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:37    Post subject: Anomoly, 1st played game not recorded? Reply with quote

Hi, I had my 1st game of Lost Cities, and won, yesterday. I decided to have a look at my rating this morning, to see if it was a steep up curve, which I wondered about since I have never seen a 1st victory rating before. There is no record of me playing. Nor is it in my history, the other players history or our head-to-head record on the pop-up profile. Why not? We have played 100s of games, of many types, together. Is there a limit beyond which YTMT do not record results?
The only reference, to the game having happened, is in the opening comment of our 2nd game (1399079) where my opponent says " Laughing I'm afraid of playing again, now when you know the rules Shocked
What happened? Can you record my win in ratings please? I am hoping to play every game type and feel cheated of my Lost Cities win. Thank you.
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1685
Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:48    Post subject: Re: Anomoly, 1st played game not recorded? Reply with quote

Croscombe wrote:
Hi, I had my 1st game of Lost Cities, and won, yesterday. I decided to have a look at my rating this morning, to see if it was a steep up curve, which I wondered about since I have never seen a 1st victory rating before. There is no record of me playing. Nor is it in my history, the other players history or our head-to-head record on the pop-up profile. Why not? We have played 100s of games, of many types, together. Is there a limit beyond which YTMT do not record results?
The only reference, to the game having happened, is in the opening comment of our 2nd game (1399079) where my opponent says " Laughing I'm afraid of playing again, now when you know the rules Shocked
What happened? Can you record my win in ratings please? I am hoping to play every game type and feel cheated of my Lost Cities win. Thank you.

As far as I can see, that game is not finished yet. http://www.yourturnmyturn.com/lost+cities/showusergame.php?gamenumber=1399079
Croscombe
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:26    Post subject: Correct, the 2nd game is not finished yet??? Reply with quote

Hi Marrianne,
Please reread previous message. The numbered 2nd game is where the reference to the missing 1st game is made by my opponent. She is refering to the previous unrecorded game.
A similar thing happened in wordgame when a game I won on time out was not recorded. I did not contact you about that because I presumed that since mine was the only move the game did not count.
The missing Lost Cities game is different. We both played it yesterday to a conclusion. I won. In the 2nd game she mentions that missing game. Please record my 1st win in Lost Cities. Ask the opponent if it took place. She will confirm.
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1685
Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does my game not count for my rating?
If a game ended within 2 moves and you are the winner, it does not count for your rating and it do not appear in your history.
The opponent (loser of the game) does see that game in her/his history.
Croscombe
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 23:57    Post subject: A whole game was played! Reply with quote

Hi Marrianne,
Please read my 1st message and answer my questions.
A WHOLE game of Lost Cities was played to a conclusion. I won the game.
There is no record of that game in my history, the opponents history, or the pop-up small window that shows our personal history of all of the games we have ever played.
Do you understand? A game, that was played start to finish, disappeared from the system.
How did that happen? Can you trace the game?
It was followed by a 2nd game that we are still playing, 1399079. At the start of our 2nd game my opponent made a reference to the 1st game that was not recorded on the afternoon of 23.05.16.
Is there a fault in your system? Does this happen often? Thank you.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1067
Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

on 2 occasions we do not record games
1. If a game was not rated. I assume the game you mention was not rated
2. If the game is too short (1 or 2 moves) the game is not recorded.
Croscombe
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:38    Post subject: Thank you Bram Reply with quote

Are all 1st games unrated?
If not, one of us must have done it accidentally.
Please can you explain how a game set as unrated? Thank you
Croscombe
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:40    Post subject: Found it Reply with quote

I have discovered a rating box in More Options, in the Invite Opponent Window of the Profile page!
My Opponent invited me to that 1st Lost Cities game and she must have clicked it accidently, since she didn't know why it was unrecorded.
Glad there is no problem. Sorry to have bothered you Embarassed
It could be worth mentioning that Unrated Option, and the 2 reasons for unrecorded games (under a bold heading) in the Ratings section of your Help Page, (which I have read thoroughly, before trawling through the site!) loep Thank you...over and out
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: