FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Glorfindel
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:08    Post subject: Tournaments which can go to the quarter finals Reply with quote

Tired of waiting for your tournament to progress? If all quarter finals are determined, but some players with low rankings are still playing, the tournament will not go to the quarter finals. In that case, you can mention the tournament here and we will see what we can do.

Rules:
  • We can only start the quarter finals manually, not the other stages!
  • Before you mention a tournament, please doublecheck if the quarter finals really can start.
  • You don't need to mention tournaments in which all games are finished, they will go to the quarter finals automatically the next day.
  • We would appreciate if you include the URL in your address bar in your post, so something like this: http://www.yourturnmyturn.com/toernooi.php?toernooi=23
  • Posts will be removed after we read them, if your post has disappeared either you were wrong or we have put the tournament to the next round.
Back to top
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Total posts: 1027
Gender: Unknown
Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is no longer needed, we have an automatic algoritme now that can calculate this accuratly. Thanks to Frank Nestel.
Back to top
View user's profile 
monkeyswinkle
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. If a tournament moves on to a quarterfinals using the algorithm, even if one player in the quarterfinals has not finished all games from the group round, will the player's TPR rating automatically update once those group games are finished? I am assuming yes, given the fact that TPR obviously updates for quarterfinal matches as they are finished. But I want to make sure, since it can affect tournament outcomes.

Here's an example in which it could. Take a look at this tournament. We just moved on to the quarterfinals, presumably because of the algorithm, despite the game between fritzd and redpistol still being unfinished from the group round. The algorithm has correctly determined that fritzd will win his group and move on whether he wins that game or not. However, right now, his TPR rating is lower than his quarterfinal opponent, because the TPR calculation is counting 5 wins out of 10 games. If he ends up winning his last group game, that would give him 6 wins out of 10, which would actually boost his TPR over his quarterfinal opponent (by 1 point...), meaning he would only have to win 2 out of the 4 quarterfinal games to move on instead of the 3.

I can always wait and see what happens, of course, but I figured I'd ask first anyways.
Back to top
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Total posts: 1027
Gender: Unknown
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes TPR will be updated if any group games finishes during quarter final, of course!
Back to top
View user's profile 
atlchicaOffline
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Total posts: 20
Gender: Female
Usa
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 14:53    Post subject: Rummy ready to move on Reply with quote

Tournament #1778 is ready to move to the quarterfinals. Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile 
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Total posts: 1027
Gender: Unknown
Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:43    Post subject: Re: Rummy ready to move on Reply with quote

atlchica wrote:
Tournament #1778 is ready to move to the quarterfinals. Thanks!


no need to report that anymore, will go to next round automatically.
Back to top
View user's profile 
frisian
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:22    Post subject: Re: Tournaments which can go to the quarter finals Reply with quote

draughts 1812 can further.
greetings frisian


Glorfindel wrote:
Tired of waiting for your tournament to progress? If all quarter finals are determined, but some players with low rankings are still playing, the tournament will not go to the quarter finals. In that case, you can mention the tournament here and we will see what we can do.

Rules:
  • We can only start the quarter finals manually, not the other stages!
  • Before you mention a tournament, please doublecheck if the quarter finals really can start.
  • You don't need to mention tournaments in which all games are finished, they will go to the quarter finals automatically the next day.
  • We would appreciate if you include the URL in your address bar in your post, so something like this: http://www.yourturnmyturn.com/toernooi.php?toernooi=23
  • Posts will be removed after we read them, if your post has disappeared either you were wrong or we have put the tournament to the next round.
Back to top
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Total posts: 1638
Age: 65
Gender: Female
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:13    Post subject: Re: Tournaments which can go to the quarter finals Reply with quote

frisian wrote:
draughts 1812 can further.
greetings frisian

Bram wrote:

no need to report that anymore, will go to next round automatically.

_________________
Good luck and have fun yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail 
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group