Yourturnmyturn.com
Forum of yourturnmyturn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BinaryGuy100101
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 19:09    Post subject: Newbie Scoring Questions Reply with quote

I have read the rules, and even tried reading rules for the board game from other sites in case I missed anything. However sometimes the scoring confuses me. I placed a tile with a "T" path with a fountain at the T, against the wall tile 18/19, such that the T was placed on its side. I expected to get points for a comple[/img]ted path, but received none. My playing partner played a similar "T" tile on the opposite side at 74/75 and received 2 points. Why would one score and not the other? I thought the fountain was a road start/end?
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1074
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a difference in tiles
- tile with a square: divides the path and is an endpoint
- tile with a fountain: fountain does not seperate the path.

See http://images.yourturnmyturn.com/rules/carcassonne/carcassonne-the-castle-rules.pdf

If you have exact gamenumber for your question I probably can explain better!
BinaryGuy100101
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. The game number is 1151165. I read the directions and they are just fuzzy as it does state paths end a walls or squares, but the example right after that shows a fountain so I got them confused. However I am still confused as to the points given for those two tiles in our game as the appear the same. If you could look it would help both of us.

Thanks again.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1074
Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 18/19 you did not place your character on the road but on the green grass! You need to place it on the road to get points for that.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: