Yourturnmyturn.com
Forum of yourturnmyturn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris007Offline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 4
Usa
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:20    Post subject: Go-Moku games timed out Reply with quote

Hello. For some reason in my games against Espresso, I was given one hour less than I should have to make a move. I have been busy with my college work and wanted to make sure I was happy with my moves before submitting. After the time change I always had until 11:07 pm to make a move (where I live) but for some reason today the games timed out on me at 10:07. I happened to log in at 10:07 and I intended to make a move in each of my games but the games timed out on me as I tried to move. Is there any way to fix this problem please?
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1075
Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I has maybe to do with summer/winter time? Anyway we do not revert this. sorry. Timeout is on 04:07 Dutch time.
Chris007Offline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 4
Usa
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the inconsistencies. In game 1494430, I had one hour later to make a move. While game numbers 1503132, 1503130 and 1503129 gave me one hour less to make a move. Since daylights savings time where I live (March 12 in the United States), I have had an additional hour to make a move but I apparently lost that hour yesterday. I live in the Eastern time zone of the United States and I just researched that the Dutch had their time change this week which is why I had one hour less to make a move. I did not know this as I thought the date of Daylights Savings was the same throughout the world. The moment I signed on, I clicked on the games to make a move but it didn't go through saying that I lost due to the games being timed out. Additionally, I have not been getting email notifications specifying when it is my turn or when my games are expiring. I have set this as my preferences but have not received any emails. Thus I always have to log in to find out for myself. I had a busy day yesterday and was not able to make my moves until late last night and I was counting on having an extra hour to make my next moves. If I had known that my games were going to expire sooner, I would have made sure that I logged in sooner. Please give me a notification whenever it is my turn or if some of my games are expiring. This has been such an unpleasant experience for me that I may just give up on this site altogether and leave. I take responsibility for not making my moves sooner but as an engineer and College student I have other priorities as well.
The_BurglarOffline

Total posts: 110
Uk
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy use my plan

Play twice as many moves but in half the time

But also play some of them moves in a third of the time

Better by fractions than missing by fractions

It is all about getting one over it Very Happy Very Happy
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: