FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Croscombe
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:44    Post subject: do both words created get doubled? Reply with quote

Hi,
In game 1431173 I am confused by the amount of points awarded to an opponent during turn 5.
They got 54pts for making 2 words and using all 8 letters. I understand that the vertical 8 letter word, which contained 18pts, was doubled to 36pts, but I was not expecting the horizontal 7 letter word with a value of 9pts to be doubled as well.
Is this an anomally or a mistake?
The rules do not state that multiple words created when using all 8 letters will all be doubled. Is this the case, or should it only be the vertical word as the rules imply?
The letter tagged onto the existing horizontal word is a blank and could represent a Y or an S. Has it scored the horizontal word twice accidently?
Sorry if it is correct and all words created are doubled, but it certainly does not state multiple doubling in the rules.
If I am correct can you remove 9pts from my opponent please.
Thank you.
MarianneOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1685
Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:13    Post subject: Re: do both words created get doubled? Reply with quote

Croscombe wrote:
Hi,
In game 1431173 I am confused by the amount of points awarded to an opponent during turn 5.
They got 54pts for making 2 words and using all 8 letters. I understand that the vertical 8 letter word, which contained 18pts, was doubled to 36pts, but I was not expecting the horizontal 7 letter word with a value of 9pts to be doubled as well.
Is this an anomally or a mistake?
The rules do not state that multiple words created when using all 8 letters will all be doubled. Is this the case, or should it only be the vertical word as the rules imply?
The letter tagged onto the existing horizontal word is a blank and could represent a Y or an S. Has it scored the horizontal word twice accidently?
Sorry if it is correct and all words created are doubled, but it certainly does not state multiple doubling in the rules.
If I am correct can you remove 9pts from my opponent please.
Thank you.

Quote:
If you use all 8 letters in one turn, your word value is doubled.

Both words make 27 points x 2 is 54 points. It is correct.
Croscombe
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:33    Post subject: I see Reply with quote

Hi Marianne.
It does not say that in the rules. It says what you quoted, singular and not plural. It should say "Any points scored from a word, or words, created using all 8 letters will be doubled."
I will try and use my new found knowledge, when possible!
Thank you for the prompt reply.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: