FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Croscombe
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:11    Post subject: Last Player not playing?! Reply with quote

I am in a Championship which is being held up by a player who has only completed one game in the 2nd round. Many of us, who finished all 6 of our games several weeks ago, have mentioned the slow player to eachother in PMs and chat recently. They are now coming online several times each day and playing a few time critical games only and none of them in the Championship. They cannot win more than 2 of the remaining games, in our opionion, and 1st & 2nd is already out of their reach in their group. Can you, the moderators request that they complete the Championship games when they are online? Thank you, in advance, from the other 48 Players.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1065
Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

no we cannot. We have rules on how fast you need to play in the championship, and they have to make a move a day or loose time.

I know if slow players keep the championship from moving forward that that can be frustrating. But this is a turn based site, requesting from players to make more then 1 move a day is not reasonable.
Croscombe
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:41    Post subject: Yellow, red card system? Reply with quote

Thank you for the prompt reply.
Would it be possible to penalise such players who come online regularly but specifically stop playing in tournaments/championships that they are going to lose?
I understand the time penalty system, but they are abusing it and dragging out the inevitable loss of their games in a very selfish manner. Could you instigate a yellow, red card system for such blatant, aggravating behaviour by the last player? These childish tactics may be more common than you realise.
I and several others have been watching them avoid playing, more than the bare minimum, in this championship for a long time. I am sure the threat to ban them from future participation for this abuse would speed the conclusion, and if not they would not be missed by anyone.
Croscombe
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 18:33    Post subject: 1 day left is really 2 days. Reply with quote

They have dragged out their inevitable loss in 2 games for a further 48hrs in each. They now have 4 hrs until they can prolong our wait for another 48hrs. Only a double 5 or 6 by their opponent can prevent this in one game. The other game could be abused in this way for another 12 to 14 days, I estimate, using the 48hr = 1 day technique and I fully expect them to do this.
Bram. Why do you not automatically end these 2 games that are mathematically impossible to win?
Croscombe
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:11    Post subject: Wake up, fellow players! Reply with quote

Our long rest is finally over (almost 6 weeks in my case!) After another 12 days of pointless lifesupport, their struggle is over. They could not drag out their inevitable loss any longer and are, as predicted, eliminated. We are free to continue. Brush up on the rules and good fortune to all (who do not regularly abuse the time penalty loophole in this way)
Do you think this is a game, within the game, that has some sort of horriffic league of annoying timewasters being recorded by one of these sadists?
Zapmeister
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain, man. For a long time now, I have suspected that the 48hr = 1 day thing was possible and that people were deliberately exploiting it, but I was never 100% sure.

In any event, I am in the process of retiring with just one game left, my opponent being (predictably) one of these very slow players. So I'll take this opportunity to say that, despite the odd problem like this, the site is excellent and I've hugely enjoyed my time here. Thanks, Bram.
SilverTrainOffline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 115
Usa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:26    Post subject: Time Rules Reply with quote

Indeed, the site offers a lot of good games, in spite of the few insufferable players who move "on the margin" (that is, when their time shows minus hours), and then (incredibly!) not only avoid the loss they should get, but instead receive a totally unwarranted 2 days to make the following move, at which point they can repeat the whole ludicrous process again. Mad
However, this topic has been discussed on other threads, and been settled that it's an aspect we have to accept as part of play. Eventually, everything gets completed.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: