FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pianomatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 16:45    Post subject: TPR with unfinished game in round 1 Reply with quote

Hi there,

I playing in tournament 11375 (Stacko) and I've made it to the finals with a game still unfinished in the first round (gamenumber=1188306).

Using the TPR formula, I've worked out that my TPR at the end of the semifinals (1821) uses 10 as the number of games played, even though only 9 games are completed. I won more games than my opponent, so the TPR wasn't used in determining the winner.

In the finals, however, if my opponent and I tie and TPR is used as the tiebreaker, there seem to be two situations that could play out, depending on whether the as yet unfinished first round game is completed:
1. If my first round game remains unfinished, my TPR will be lower than my opponent's TPR, and I will lose the tournament.
2. If my first round game is completed (I am guaranteed to win this game), my TPR will be higher than my opponent's TPR, and I will win the tournament

My question is this: If my first round game remains unfinished, and my finals opponent and I tie, will the tournament end and award the win to my opponent, or will the determination of the winner be delayed until my first round game is complete in order to calculate the proper TPR?

Thanks,
Philip
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1066
Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are convinced the first round game is essential for your win in a tie you need to delay the final games!!
Pianomatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's essential. With a tie an an unfinished round 1 game, I lose. With a tie and a finished round 1 game, I win.

Is there any possibility of fixing this in the future?
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1066
Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pianomatic wrote:
It's essential. With a tie an an unfinished round 1 game, I lose. With a tie and a finished round 1 game, I win.

Is there any possibility of fixing this in the future?

we have no plans to fix this.
WithoutPantsOffline
Total posts: 12
Tunisia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Situation Wink
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: