Yourturnmyturn.com
Forum of yourturnmyturn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
66sixxOffline
Total posts: 22
Usa
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:06    Post subject: Potential free pass in Round 1 Reply with quote

In this year's domino championship, there are 52 players, split into 4 groups of 7 and 4 groups of 6.

The top 6 from each group (8x6=48 players) will advance to Round 2 with the 49th spot going to the 7th placed player with the best TPR.

This means that all 6 players from the groups of 6 will advance. I find this a major flaw with the championship format. Is it possible to change the format for next year so that every player can face elimination in every round?
chesslover
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought only the top two in a group are guaranteed advancement. If I'm wrong and you're right then I concur with your request.
66sixxOffline
Total posts: 22
Usa
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last group stage always features 14 players.
The second to last group stage features 49 players, 7 groups of 7 from which the top 2 advance.

This year's domino championship features 52 players, after the first group stage, they will be whittled down to 49.

The 52 players are split as evenly as possible with no more than 7 players in each group. Thus there are 4 groups of 7 and 4 groups of 6.

The top six players from this group will go to the second group stage. This totals 8 groups x 6 players from each group = 48 players. The 49th and last spot will be filled by the best performing 7th placed player.

This means that for this first round, all 24 players in the 4 groups of 6 are guaranteed to pass through to the second round, a glaring flaw with the championship format.

Note that this only applies to the first round in a given championship.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: