FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brenski
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 17:34    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Last edited by Guest on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:14; edited 1 time in total
tpfnat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:51    Post subject: Re: championships are biased Reply with quote

That's a lot of points in one post.

First of all: you will go to the final when you win the last game. Just go with your mouse over your tpr and you'll see. So get your facts straight first!

brenski wrote:
what is the point of having tiebreaks that don't work properly?

system is flawed
i have played one less group match than my semi-final opponent
so it's almost impossible for me to win that tie break

That's bullocks. And you forget to mention that you lost 2 games in the second round. So the first round isn't that important. Besides that: TPR as count based on two factors: win percentage and rating of opponents. So if you play one game less against equally strong opponents and you win the same amount of games, you will have a higher TPR. You can also see thatif you compare your TPR at the end of round two with the TPRs in the other group

brenski wrote:

also my tpr has dropped ridiculously - 2191 vs 2201 opponent)
so even if i win my last game (and draw 3-3)i can't go thru to final

Your TPR dropped, because your win percentage dropped. Also, your opponent has a rating which is lower than your round 2 TPR. So when you lose 3 games, it's quite obvious your TPR will drop as well.

brenski wrote:

i absolutely hate your system - it's corrupt and biased towards lower ranked players...which is pointless - what is wrong with having a simple best of 3 or 5 or 7 series?

And what if the 3rd, 5th or 7th game ends in a draw, which is pretty common in some games?

brenski wrote:

creating a system where the better player has to win two more games is inherently flawed and once my current games are over i won't be bothering again

Again: bullocks! You don't need to win 2 more games. If you have a lower TPR, just have to win more games. And only 1 game is enough.
brenski
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:08    Post subject: championships are biased Reply with quote

my opponent also lost two second round games - same as me - so my point is NOT bollocks

very very few wordgames (scrabble) end in draws
- agso again NOT bollocks
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: