Yourturnmyturn.com
Forum of yourturnmyturn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildfire2099
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 17:38    Post subject: Rules question Reply with quote

It seems that there are a few rules that are not written, and I'm trying to confirm what they are...

-- You seem to have to have a spot for a NEW gray piece at each end of your equation... you can't either got to the end, or use an existing one/

-- There have been a few turns where I was able to place a valid equation using an existing '=' sign on the board, and it's not allowed the play... both horizontal and vertical. I'm sure the equation was correct (in all three instances it was a : or X by 0 equation). Is there some other rules governing building off the numbers on the board? There seems to be, but I can't figure out what they are.

Thoughts?
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1083
Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the grey pieces see the rules: Before and after every complete Sum a grey piece is put on the board.

about your second question, I do not completely understand but
1. you cannot do :0 (that is illegal!)
2. you can use existing = on the board
3. You only can place your pieces in the same row or the same column!

If you encounter it again, do not move and try to explain which move you want to make so i can explain better why it is not allowed.
Wildfire2099
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got it figured out... I was trying to : by zero... I wasn't thinking about that! I think that was the main issue... duh!

Since I've posted this I've been able to play equations using the existing gray pieces... I swear it didn't before, but It could be the zero thing.. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if it happens again.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: