Yourturnmyturn.com
Forum of yourturnmyturn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spann
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 20:05    Post subject: More subtle 'flaw'/observation? Reply with quote

Hi!

Attempting to go for higher scoring sums such as eg:

23x34=782

...means that one uses up relatively more numerals than operators (as a ratio) than simpler, low scoring sums such as:

2+3=5

This means that if you do go for the higher scoring, cleverer combinations, you invariably end up with an increasing number of operators in your hand. This often leads to having to change tiles, or only having a couple of 'scoring' numbers in your hand and being very limited - eg I often seem to end up with a rack like "1 3 + = = = = : -".

So the irony is, the better, higher-scoring sums that you put down, the worse your rack of tiles becomes!

Not meaning to be too negative - it is an interesting game which I've enjoyed playing.

Kind regards,
Spann
Jupiter2Offline

Total posts: 8
Usa
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, love the game no matter what the points and tiles are. It's interesting and mind challenging. Thanks to you gamegurus!
BrashTech
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this encourages more complex combinations. For example, instead of 23x34=782, you could play 24x3+3x2=78

Now, I realize that's more tiles than you have in your hand, but it's a fun challenge to connect two (or more!) different sums that are already on the board.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: