Yourturnmyturn.com
Forum of yourturnmyturn.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epsilonindi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 17:02    Post subject: Slooooooow play Reply with quote

Not unique to WotR at all, but I've just had to wait FIFTY-THREE DAYS for one ultra-slow person to finish his group matches so I can play the quarter final. The entire tourney has already taken 120 days.

Worse, AFTER starting, WotR was upgraded to a 'popular' game, so for 50+ days I've had 2 DEAD tourneys on my books preventing me from signing up for other popular tourneys.

I would never have joined them if I had known how long they would take and how many other dozens of other tourneys they would prevent me from playing!!

In games with large numbers of moves to complete a game, slow play is extremely anti-social. Idea The balance of time bank and time increment is about right for the quicker games, but WotR the increment per move must be reduced (to 8 hours or less) or it makes it too easy for slow players to ruin it for everybody else!
coan.net
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for tournaments to complete is one of the downsides to a free account.

I hope they consider doing a special promotion again with memberships like they did when the site first opened - which was purchase 1 year, get 2nd year free.

(I would really like purchase 1 year here, get 1 year on other language sites for 1 year also)

Either of those promotions would be very tempting for me to pay up again.
bramOffline
Superadmin
Superadmin

Total posts: 1074
Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
coan.net
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... OR BOTH

Buy 1 year - get 2nd year free (and get memberships on other language sites the same as this site)

...... my "American" money does not go as far as it did 3 years ago.... would already cost me about twice as much as then. Laughing
Epsilonindi
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

<deleted>
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: