FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coan.net
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 22:01    Post subject: What are Championships? Reply with quote

What are they, and how are they different from tournaments?
rubenOffline
Total posts: 14
Belgium
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 22:19    Post subject: Re: What are Championships? Reply with quote

coan.net wrote:

They are tournament who are bigger than normal tournaments (28 players) Only VIPS can participate.

On the dutch version of this site, dice game is the biggest championship in 2006 with 721 partcipants! So its' a really big tournament Very Happy

In some time this site will have enough vips to organise such tournament. I presume it will be may 2007.
coan.net
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 23:23    Post subject: Re: What are Championships? Reply with quote

ruben wrote:
coan.net wrote:

They are tournament who are bigger than normal tournaments (28 players) Only VIPS can participate.

On the dutch version of this site, dice game is the biggest championship in 2006 with 721 partcipants! So its' a really big tournament Very Happy

In some time this site will have enough vips to organise such tournament. I presume it will be may 2007.

Since I'm a VIP here, if I were to go to the Dutch site which I can't read, can I get my VIP membership to work there also? If so, I think I can muggle through and play some games over there.... or would I have to purchase a VIP membership over there also? (which I wouldn't since I would not even be able to read anything...) Very Happy
RiskyOffline
Total posts: 19
Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, your VIP status here is nothing over there. Likewise, I'm a VIP on the Dutch site and a non-VIP here.

The sign-ups for this year's Championship on jijbent.nl closed recently, so there's no point anyway. Your best shot is hoping enough VIPs will come here to start the ytmt Champs.
coan.net
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how many on the dutch site speak English, but if somehow the user accounts were linked on both sites (still keep different stats), but would increase users here, plus also give VIP's an additional privledge.

There is already such a large userbase playing a couple of the games I like (dice & code), even if I don't understand the language, I think i will go sign up for a free acount.
RiskyOffline
Total posts: 19
Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

They haven't done that on purpose. In fact, this site is somewhat a secret for the jijbent users, because otherwise this place would just be jijbent2. The admins want this place to be different.
flysta
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

coan.net wrote:
I'm not sure how many on the dutch site speak English,

Most of them do. i am swedish and play on both sites.
Never been trouble with the language.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: