FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerheartOffline
Total posts: 4
Norway
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:05    Post subject: Opinions about Qin Reply with quote

I got 22 games from Reiner Knizia, and looking to buy 4-5 more of his best.

I have some opinions about Qin.

1. To me the game seems best with 4 player only. But two player is ok if:
A. Equal stack of tiles: The game should always be played with divided tiles. With two players each get a stack with 6 tiles of each type (36 tiles each). This way both players have an EQUAL chance of getting the tiles.
B. Equal number of turns: Why should the game end if one player finish all his pagodas?? Of course the game should end with the last player in the turn = all players get equal number of tiles played. Of course the game can end if the board is full.
unprintedOffline
Vip
Vip
Total posts: 58
Uk
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is obviously an element of luck involved, but I am happy with sharing a joint pile.

That's partly because moving to four would greatly increase the luck because of having two extra players do something between your turns.

I'm not fussed by the turns thing either. Just play an even number of games, alternating who goes first.
DaggerheartOffline
Total posts: 4
Norway
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 23:20    Post subject: 4 players Reply with quote

Yourturnmyturn.com feature only 1vs1, so 4 players is not an issue. Due to the nature of the game, I still think the game is most "fun" with 4 players. With two players the game relies alot of the tiles drawn to stay in the race, with 4 players there are more players to counter each other.

I feel with 2 player the luck/unluck increases when you draw from "all" the tiles. There is no reason to draw from all the tiles. Since the game tiles can be split into two equal groups, why not?

Qin is a "race" game. Why should the first player get the chance of finishing the match 1 tile ahead of the 2nd player, don't make sense.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: